Skip to main content

M.I Abaga Reveals What He Will Do After AbagVector’s Diss Track


Both artistes had been at each other’s jugulars for some time, releasing ‘diss tracks’ to drive their respective messages home.
However, when Saturday Beats contacted MI, he insisted that he would no longer speak on the issue.
He stated, “I have said all I have to say on this matter on Instagram and I wouldn’t be making any statement again.
I am busy with other things. For the next couple of days, I would be shooting music videos and travelling.”
Calls and messages put through to Vector were not answered, but his publicist, Tunde Badmus, told one of our correspondents, “It is not a publicity stunt. We are not fake people.
We only go for genuine things. This issue started with the recording they (MI) did, in which they were throwing shades at us. But, we did not say anything. They then did another one, and that was like dragging our name in the mud, so we had to respond. Meanwhile, Vector is still working on replying MI. He asked for it, and he is going to get it.”
On if there could be a reconciliation between both artistes in the near future, Badmus stated, “I doubt if MI is going to apologise. This is hip hop and it has always been like that from the inception. If there is going to be an apology, it might be through a song; I don’t think it would be direct as such.”
Meanwhile, a PR executive with Chocolate City, Aisosa Okundaye, maintained that the inscription, ‘No Snakes’ on MI’s shirt to the BBNaija finale was a message. He said, “It is primarily what it is— a shirt.
As for the message on it, if anybody believes the message is for them, they should catch their ‘sub’. People walk around with shirts that have different inscriptions every day.”
Okundaye also stated that neither the fans nor the media could bring an end to the ‘beef’. He added, “I don’t think the fans, media, or anybody else can make that decision. It is clearly an MI and Vector conversation to have.
We are always just going to be spectators from the outside. On the ‘Viper’ track, MI said Vector could go ahead to do whatever he wanted, but he has addressed the issue as best as he can. Whatever Vector says now is up to him, MI has left the conversation.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toke Makinwa, Tell The Young Ones How You Make Your Money – Yomi Black Insists

Nollywood producer Yomi Black, in his response to the reply he got from Toke Makinwa, has insisted that she needs to tell people her source of income. Taking to his Instagram page, Yomi mentioned that though he acknowledged the fact that the OAP is quite hardworking and that they had run some projects together in the past, but she needs to tell the young ones how she makes her money. He wrote: On this issue, I would like to say I understand why Toke responded the way she did. The bloggers set a trap for her and she fell for it. I admit I saw Soji Ogunaike’s comment on Instablog and I thought it was very interesting, especially since Soji dared her to show how she made a living. I shared it because I really thought there was a lesson there. In the post I made it clear that it was copied from Soji Ogunaike, but the bloggers reported the story and cropped out the credit to insight a war between Toke and I. They even made the headlines more interesting by saying I (Yomi...

“There’s No Explanation Anybody Can Give” — Governor Akeredolu Condemns DSS For Invading Courtroom To Arrest Sowore

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has condemned the invasion of the courtroom by Department of State Services (DSS) to rearrest #RevolutionNow convener, Omoyele Sowore on Friday December 6. Though the DSS and the Presidency have shared their own account of the incident, the Governor of Sowore’s home state insisted that there is no explanation anyone can give to justify the invasion of the courtroom. Akeredolu also expressed fear of lawyers being arrested in the middle of court sessions. He said; “It should be an anathema to the bar that inaction has come upon us. The bar needs to talk on quite a number of things. “We must be terror against demagogues. It is when your voice of the bar is heard consistently that it will earn respect. Will people go and desecrate our courtrooms and we keep quiet? The bar must condemn it. There is no explanation anybody can give you. “Somebody calls it drama. Drama! How? What we saw was not drama, you must stand up to condemn the SSS for what they...

Mad o 'President Buhari Reacts As Punch Changes President’s Title To ‘Major General’

The Presidency has reacted to the decision by Punch Newspaper to henceforth refer to President Muhammadu Buhari as General Buhari. In a notice titled “Buhari’s lawlessness: Our Stand”, Punch stated that it will “henceforth prefix Buhari’s name with his rank as a military dictator in the 80s ‘Major General’ and refer to his administration as a regime until they purge themselves of their insufferable contempt for the rule of law. The newspaper made the decision while making reference to DSS non-compliance to court orders on trial of Omoyele Sowore, publisher of SaharaReporters; invasion of courtroom and trial of Shiites’ leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky amongst others. Punch said its decision shows its protest against autocracy and military-style repression under Buhari’s administration. However, in reaction to Punch’s decision, Femi Adesina, a Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, said the newspaper’s decision to call Buhari ‘Major General’ is not out ...