Skip to main content

Nigeria Senator Dino Melaye, Joins Nollywood

 

Senator Dino Melaye joined Nollywood just few hours after the Appeal Court affirmed the decision of the Kogi Election Petition Tribunal nullifying his victory.
The outspoken senator will be featured as one of the key actors, in a Television series titled ‘Equity unbound,” an idea of the Pillars of Hope African Initiative (POHAI).
Other prominent actors including Linc Edochie, Victor Decke, Chief Bruno Iwuola and Paul Sambo will also be featured in the TV series.
Addressing a world press conference, the Country Director of POHAI, Chinyere Onyemekara, said the main focus of the project is on ‘equal rights and sociai justices in Africa,’ using Nigeria as a case study.
“Equity unbound TV series is a soap opera that holistically ex-ray the quality of justice system in Nigeria and its attendant effect on both the masses, the elites and the government.
“It is a mind-blowing expository drama presentation of the human rights challenges of an ordinary common Nigerian. A good example of the issues treated in this series is the recent report by BBC, on the pervasive threat of “sax for grades and sex for Marks” in Nigeria’s institutions of learning.
“A 120mins pilot episode of Equity unbound TV series has been shot with so many celebrity Actors and with state of the art equipment cum professionais and highly motivated crew.
“The idea of this is to use drama as an effective tool of communication to correct the ills and promote an acceptable social justice system in Nigeria.
“Gentlemen of the press, you will agree that Africa and Nigeria in particular is far behind in terms of perfect justice system and equitable society.
“We at POHAI has taken it upon ourselves to expose these shortcomings for the purpose of strategic attention and correction:
“We hereby call on members of the fourth estate of the realm, civil society groups, the international community, cooperate organizations, Nigerian government at all levels and well-meaning Nigerians to support in whatever way possible to bring this humanitarian project to fruition,” Onyemekara stated.
Speaking on why he joined the drama, Senator Dino Melaye, expressed happiness to be part of the series that will expose unjust act in the society.
Melaye said: “I’m happy to have participated in the series, especially as it will help correct social problems in the country. I am not a greenhorn in acting because I emerged as the best actor during my NYSC program.
“I am ready to serve this country in any capacity and I feel that participating in the series is another way of contributing my quota in correcting the social ills in Nigeria.
“If I have such opportunity again I won’t hesitate to take it,” Melaye stated.
The drama’s director said that Senator Dino Melaye acted the role of Joshua in the series, which is an assemblage of professional actors and politicians.
“The drama is all about tackling social vices in the society. The drama, he said captures such issues like corruption, injustice, bad governance and so on.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toke Makinwa, Tell The Young Ones How You Make Your Money – Yomi Black Insists

Nollywood producer Yomi Black, in his response to the reply he got from Toke Makinwa, has insisted that she needs to tell people her source of income. Taking to his Instagram page, Yomi mentioned that though he acknowledged the fact that the OAP is quite hardworking and that they had run some projects together in the past, but she needs to tell the young ones how she makes her money. He wrote: On this issue, I would like to say I understand why Toke responded the way she did. The bloggers set a trap for her and she fell for it. I admit I saw Soji Ogunaike’s comment on Instablog and I thought it was very interesting, especially since Soji dared her to show how she made a living. I shared it because I really thought there was a lesson there. In the post I made it clear that it was copied from Soji Ogunaike, but the bloggers reported the story and cropped out the credit to insight a war between Toke and I. They even made the headlines more interesting by saying I (Yomi...

“There’s No Explanation Anybody Can Give” — Governor Akeredolu Condemns DSS For Invading Courtroom To Arrest Sowore

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has condemned the invasion of the courtroom by Department of State Services (DSS) to rearrest #RevolutionNow convener, Omoyele Sowore on Friday December 6. Though the DSS and the Presidency have shared their own account of the incident, the Governor of Sowore’s home state insisted that there is no explanation anyone can give to justify the invasion of the courtroom. Akeredolu also expressed fear of lawyers being arrested in the middle of court sessions. He said; “It should be an anathema to the bar that inaction has come upon us. The bar needs to talk on quite a number of things. “We must be terror against demagogues. It is when your voice of the bar is heard consistently that it will earn respect. Will people go and desecrate our courtrooms and we keep quiet? The bar must condemn it. There is no explanation anybody can give you. “Somebody calls it drama. Drama! How? What we saw was not drama, you must stand up to condemn the SSS for what they...

Mad o 'President Buhari Reacts As Punch Changes President’s Title To ‘Major General’

The Presidency has reacted to the decision by Punch Newspaper to henceforth refer to President Muhammadu Buhari as General Buhari. In a notice titled “Buhari’s lawlessness: Our Stand”, Punch stated that it will “henceforth prefix Buhari’s name with his rank as a military dictator in the 80s ‘Major General’ and refer to his administration as a regime until they purge themselves of their insufferable contempt for the rule of law. The newspaper made the decision while making reference to DSS non-compliance to court orders on trial of Omoyele Sowore, publisher of SaharaReporters; invasion of courtroom and trial of Shiites’ leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky amongst others. Punch said its decision shows its protest against autocracy and military-style repression under Buhari’s administration. However, in reaction to Punch’s decision, Femi Adesina, a Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, said the newspaper’s decision to call Buhari ‘Major General’ is not out ...