Skip to main content

Rema recalls how tough things became for him after he lost his father and elder brother

Divine Ikubor, the Mavin Records-signed Nigerian singer who is better known as Rema, has recalled how things became tough for him after he lost his father and elder brother.
The talented singer gave the narration during a chat with Manny Norte on Capital Xtra, where he spoke mainly on his background and foray into music.

According to the ‘Bad Commando’ crooner, the loss of his dad and his brother brought an untold pressure on him to cater for his mother.
He added that he had to summon courage to brace the odds by taking up different jobs, including working at a beach in Ghana just to raise money
Rema said that such tumultuous experiences in the past have significantly shaped his music career while also inspiring him to do more.
He attributed his success to his mother’s support, adding that such has kept him moving. He also said such support informed his decision to buy her an SUV while he was just 17 out of his savings.
“At some points, things got tough I had to man up. My past life has the same effect on my present being in the music and taking things forward,” he said.
“I had to work hard because I lost my father and my brother and things were left only to me. So, I had to put things in place. I did a lots of job like working at a beach in Ghana.
“Hard work got me my this shape. At first, it was really hard for me, I cried and was really sad. When I got back to Nigeria I had to appreciate my mum for being strong so I had to get her a car.
“I was tired of seeing her trekking everyday. She didn’t even have money to use a public transport or motorcycle. Even though I had no car of my own then, I had to buy my mum a car.”
On his foray into music, Rema said he took to studio upon his return to Nigeria, where he spent most of his time and savings.
DROP YOUR COMMENTS HERE 👇

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toke Makinwa, Tell The Young Ones How You Make Your Money – Yomi Black Insists

Nollywood producer Yomi Black, in his response to the reply he got from Toke Makinwa, has insisted that she needs to tell people her source of income. Taking to his Instagram page, Yomi mentioned that though he acknowledged the fact that the OAP is quite hardworking and that they had run some projects together in the past, but she needs to tell the young ones how she makes her money. He wrote: On this issue, I would like to say I understand why Toke responded the way she did. The bloggers set a trap for her and she fell for it. I admit I saw Soji Ogunaike’s comment on Instablog and I thought it was very interesting, especially since Soji dared her to show how she made a living. I shared it because I really thought there was a lesson there. In the post I made it clear that it was copied from Soji Ogunaike, but the bloggers reported the story and cropped out the credit to insight a war between Toke and I. They even made the headlines more interesting by saying I (Yomi...

“There’s No Explanation Anybody Can Give” — Governor Akeredolu Condemns DSS For Invading Courtroom To Arrest Sowore

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has condemned the invasion of the courtroom by Department of State Services (DSS) to rearrest #RevolutionNow convener, Omoyele Sowore on Friday December 6. Though the DSS and the Presidency have shared their own account of the incident, the Governor of Sowore’s home state insisted that there is no explanation anyone can give to justify the invasion of the courtroom. Akeredolu also expressed fear of lawyers being arrested in the middle of court sessions. He said; “It should be an anathema to the bar that inaction has come upon us. The bar needs to talk on quite a number of things. “We must be terror against demagogues. It is when your voice of the bar is heard consistently that it will earn respect. Will people go and desecrate our courtrooms and we keep quiet? The bar must condemn it. There is no explanation anybody can give you. “Somebody calls it drama. Drama! How? What we saw was not drama, you must stand up to condemn the SSS for what they...

Mad o 'President Buhari Reacts As Punch Changes President’s Title To ‘Major General’

The Presidency has reacted to the decision by Punch Newspaper to henceforth refer to President Muhammadu Buhari as General Buhari. In a notice titled “Buhari’s lawlessness: Our Stand”, Punch stated that it will “henceforth prefix Buhari’s name with his rank as a military dictator in the 80s ‘Major General’ and refer to his administration as a regime until they purge themselves of their insufferable contempt for the rule of law. The newspaper made the decision while making reference to DSS non-compliance to court orders on trial of Omoyele Sowore, publisher of SaharaReporters; invasion of courtroom and trial of Shiites’ leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky amongst others. Punch said its decision shows its protest against autocracy and military-style repression under Buhari’s administration. However, in reaction to Punch’s decision, Femi Adesina, a Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, said the newspaper’s decision to call Buhari ‘Major General’ is not out ...