Skip to main content

Olamide Keeps Silent Over Allegation Of Infringement On Intellectual Right


RAPPER and record label executive, Olamide ‘Baddo’ Adedeji has kept mum following allegations of infringement on intellectual property rights.
Instagram comedian, Yinusa ‘Omopatakii’ Oriyomi has alleged that Olamide infringed on his intellectual property rights with the release of his hit song, ‘Won Ma’
Omopatakii alleged that in August 2019, he released a comedy skit on his Instagram account with the title ‘won ma do’ and six months after, Olamide had released a song using the same phrase in his intro and chorus in February 2020.
The Instagram comedian further claimed that he owns and reserves all copyrights in the content and didn’t permit Olamide to continuously use the phrases that include ‘won ma do’ and ‘ole te obinrin lorun’ in his hit song.
‘Won Ma’ is the fifth track on Olamide’s album entitled ‘999’. The song has since been getting massive buzz online and several social media platforms despite its explicit content.
However, prominent music producer, ID Cabasa has reacted to the claims by Omopatakii saying he’s merely chasing clout.
Speaking to The Nation, ID Cabasa said:
“Since the said person has officially written Olamide through his lawyers, it will be nice the court determines the situation but I can tell you that the person is just doing it for clout.”
Continuing, ID Cabasa said:
“Olamide that I know can never steal anyone’s song. I witnessed something similar after I recorded ‘Totori’ with Olamide and Wizkid, these people are always around doing stuff like this for clout.
Let me tell you something, Olamide can never steal or hijack anyone’s content for his song because this Olamide would not even allow you to write for him. Olamide would write all his songs and verses himself, I have worked with him and I know.
I tried writing him songs one time but he rejected it saying he doesn’t want legal issues later in the future.
Olamide does not even know the individual, I’m sure Olamide neither hijacked nor stole the person’s content and to think the person is even a comedian while Olamide is a rapper and singer, means they have nothing in common musically,” ID Cabasa told The Nation.
DROP YOUR COMMENTS HERE 👇 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toke Makinwa, Tell The Young Ones How You Make Your Money – Yomi Black Insists

Nollywood producer Yomi Black, in his response to the reply he got from Toke Makinwa, has insisted that she needs to tell people her source of income. Taking to his Instagram page, Yomi mentioned that though he acknowledged the fact that the OAP is quite hardworking and that they had run some projects together in the past, but she needs to tell the young ones how she makes her money. He wrote: On this issue, I would like to say I understand why Toke responded the way she did. The bloggers set a trap for her and she fell for it. I admit I saw Soji Ogunaike’s comment on Instablog and I thought it was very interesting, especially since Soji dared her to show how she made a living. I shared it because I really thought there was a lesson there. In the post I made it clear that it was copied from Soji Ogunaike, but the bloggers reported the story and cropped out the credit to insight a war between Toke and I. They even made the headlines more interesting by saying I (Yomi...

“There’s No Explanation Anybody Can Give” — Governor Akeredolu Condemns DSS For Invading Courtroom To Arrest Sowore

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has condemned the invasion of the courtroom by Department of State Services (DSS) to rearrest #RevolutionNow convener, Omoyele Sowore on Friday December 6. Though the DSS and the Presidency have shared their own account of the incident, the Governor of Sowore’s home state insisted that there is no explanation anyone can give to justify the invasion of the courtroom. Akeredolu also expressed fear of lawyers being arrested in the middle of court sessions. He said; “It should be an anathema to the bar that inaction has come upon us. The bar needs to talk on quite a number of things. “We must be terror against demagogues. It is when your voice of the bar is heard consistently that it will earn respect. Will people go and desecrate our courtrooms and we keep quiet? The bar must condemn it. There is no explanation anybody can give you. “Somebody calls it drama. Drama! How? What we saw was not drama, you must stand up to condemn the SSS for what they...

Mad o 'President Buhari Reacts As Punch Changes President’s Title To ‘Major General’

The Presidency has reacted to the decision by Punch Newspaper to henceforth refer to President Muhammadu Buhari as General Buhari. In a notice titled “Buhari’s lawlessness: Our Stand”, Punch stated that it will “henceforth prefix Buhari’s name with his rank as a military dictator in the 80s ‘Major General’ and refer to his administration as a regime until they purge themselves of their insufferable contempt for the rule of law. The newspaper made the decision while making reference to DSS non-compliance to court orders on trial of Omoyele Sowore, publisher of SaharaReporters; invasion of courtroom and trial of Shiites’ leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky amongst others. Punch said its decision shows its protest against autocracy and military-style repression under Buhari’s administration. However, in reaction to Punch’s decision, Femi Adesina, a Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, said the newspaper’s decision to call Buhari ‘Major General’ is not out ...